Meals on Wheels Rowan seeks to serve those homebound seniors who will benefit from our home-delivered meal service.
If you know of someone who needs Meals on Wheels, please contact us by phone at 704-633-0352 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Citizen of Rowan County
- Over 60 Years of age and homebound (Priority)
- Disabled and over 21 years of age and homebound
- No income requirement
- All participants are asked to contribute to the meal program based on a sliding scale of $2-$9 per meal.
- We evaluate income and necessary expenses when determining the requested contribution per meal. Monthly statements are distributed between the 1st and 3rd of each month.
- For individuals who cannot contribute due to a lack of financial resources, Meals on Wheels reserves 30% of our available spaces. Currently, we reserve 83 spaces for individuals who need 100% funding.
- Families are invited to contribute to the cost of the meal program for their loved one. The meal program cost is $9 per meal.
How to Apply or Refer an Individual for Service
Please visit our Frequently Asked Questions page for information about the meals and the cost of service. Complete and submit the Participant Application Form at one of the links below and a representative will contact you.
- Participant Application Form (Online)
- Participant Application Form (Printable)* Please download, print, and mail the printable form.
You may also drop the form off at our office.
*Requires Adobe Acrobat Reader, available for free here
Meals on Wheels Rowan
PO Box 1914
Salisbury, NC 28145
1307 S. Salisbury Avenue
Spencer, NC 28159
Referrals By Phone
Referrals may be made by phone. Please call the Meals on Wheels Rowan office at 704-633-0352.
The following information is required to submit a referral by phone.
- Your contact information: Name, Phone, and Email Address (if applicable)
- Referred Individuals Information:
- Address (Street, City, and Zip Code)
- Phone Number
- Date of Birth
- Health limitations/issues that prevent them from preparing meals
- Emergency contact (Name and Phone)
- Who we should speak with to schedule an appointment (Name and Phone)