Rowan Helping Ministries offers a USDA Food Box drive-thru for eligible clients. Clients have no transportation receive delivery of their food boxes from the Meals on Wheels courier.
As the staff from Rowan Helping Ministries and Meals on Wheels talked about the changes and challenges brought by the pandemic, they discovered a way to collaborate. Meals on Wheels provides a courier and vehicle to deliver USDA Food Boxes to those Rowan Helping Ministries clients who can not pick up their boxes.
COVID-19 Grant funding helped get the USDA food box delivery program underway. Since then, grants to Rowan Helping Ministries and to Meals on Wheels have funded the program.
During 2020, Meals on Wheels Rowan delivered USDA Food boxes 349 times.
Process for USDA Food Box Delivery
- Anyone interested in receiving USDA Food Boxes should contact Rowan Helping Ministries at 704-637-6838, ext. 106.
- The staff at Rowan Helping Ministries will determine eligibility.
- Families and imdividuals are eligible to receive USDA Food Boxes once every 30 days.
- Rowan Helping Ministries will contact Meals on Wheels to arrange for deliveries.
- Currently, Meals on Wheels delivers the USDA Food Boxes on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Fridays.